Friday, July 23, 2010

The Migraine Blog - Days 4-6 of diet, thru day 48 of MIGRAINE!

Okay - I'm not so great at blogging daily!!!

So, on day 4 of the Migraine Diet, the migraine was at a 1-2 on the pain scale. It was a pretty mellow day, and that afternoon I had an appointment with a Reflexologist. It was enlightening. She felt that there was a stress or emotional bond that was holding the migraine.

Of course, can't remember what foods I ate - so lousy for the blog, but shortly you will see that the diet idea didn't pan out...

Day 5 - Friday - again, day started out pretty well - pain between 1 and 3 - until that afternoon when I took my niece to Jujitsu with me. By then, I started feeling nauseous and the blurriness in my eyes was more pronounced. I did not participate in the class, but sat there with my sunglasses on because my eyes were very light sensitive. Made it home, took another Oxy. 4 down, only 6 left...

Day 6 of diet, day 42 of MIGRAINE - Saturday - another 1-3 pain level day. Tired of this!!!! Very light sensitive, starting to cheat on diet more. Don't believe it is helping since still have migraine.

Day 7 of diet, day 43 of MIGRAINE - Sunday - done with diet. What a joke! Migraine at a 3-4 level. Take Excedrin Migraine at church. Make it through church and then off to see BIL's new house for a BBQ. Pain maintained. Exhausted by the time we were headed home.

Day 44 of MIGRAINE - go to see PCP again. He says he has tried all that he can do and he is turning me over to a Neurologist. His office makes an appointment for me the next morning first thing.

Day 45 of MIGRAINE - go see Neurologist. He checked my reflexes, discussed my migraine history. I told him I was worried about vision loss, since my left eye is fuzzy. He checked it and said it looked okay and that once the migraine was under control, my vision would return. He said my migraine was not food-based, so I could abandon the diet. (Haha - already did)

He says he thinks it is swelling in my brain stem. He gave me prescriptions for anti-nausea meds, steroids, and anti-seizure meds. Will include the list of the medical treatments available. It is quite a list! He also gave me samples for the next migraines I get to see if a more simple solution is out there. I sure hope we can get rid of this one!!!

Day 46 of MIGRAINE - Wednesday - so I took my steroids Tuesday, and my first dose of the anti-seizure med. I was awakened Wednesday morning at 2:30am, and realized why he had prescribed the anit-nausea medicine! I took one at about 3:00am. I felt tired again and went to sleep.

My alarm went off and I peeled the bed off my back and made it downstairs, cleared out the inbox (while propping my eyelids open) and then sat on the couch. The next thing I remember was my husband coming downstairs - and hour later - and he asked if I had a rough night. I said yes, and went to check the inbox again. I laid my head on my desk, and fell asleep again. It was like that until about 3pm that day!!! I looked up this 'anti-nausea' med, PROMETHEZINE, and here is what it is good for: sleep aid, antihistamine, nausea, pain after surgery, and motion sickness. YIKES!!! Anyway, I am not taking any more of those! It took my whole day!

Oh - migraine pain 1-3 for the day.

Day 47 of the MIGRAINE - started out the day at less than one! but moved up to a 3-4 pain level during the day. Still taking the steroids. Also took an Excedrin migraine and my nausea pill from the acupuncturist (herbal, not a multi-function, ruin-your-day kind of pill!!!) SOOO TIRED OF THIS MIGRAINE!!!

Still light sensitive. Now keeping a migraine log for the neurologist.

No comments: